Thursday, May 14, 2009

Antoineta.

So, today we have Antoineta. Ahem, you know who you are, and that is indeed a shout-out to you.

This past Sunday, on Mother´s Day, or should I say Día de las Madres, I did something in Tory Burch flats that I guarentee you no one else has ever done in those suckers. I helped carry the Santa María Vírgin de Fatíma through the streets of my little town of San Miguel Dueñas. With about 40 other people, we took her around the town, with rose petals, incense, prayers and song, and paraded her into the Catholic church in the town square. I had a corner of the Virgin Mother on my shoulder, and happened to look up and see the Volcan de Fuego puffing smoke, and thought, ¨could this be any more surreal?¨

Other than that, things here have been pretty normal. Lots of Spanish class. On Monday, we took a little field trip (caminata) to a current PCV near Chimaltenango. Really cool to see where she lived and what she had done in her town. Other than that, it´s been usual stuff, I´m sorry nothing too interesting. I´ve gotten some very cool pictures on my camera, and soon, I promise, I´ll get some of them up on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment